Manage your career like a business
Toronto - Thursday, February 13th, 2014, 6:00pm
The IMD Alumni Club of Canada (“IMD”) in cooperation with the Swiss-Canadian Chamber of Commerce of Ontario (“SCCC”) and the International University Clubs of Toronto (“IUCT”) invite you to join us for a for an informative, interactive and entertaining seminar which will help you explore answers to these questions and more:
· Does your job equal your career?
· Do you ever wonder what separates elite performers from the average?
· Is something holding you back from making a career transition?
· How would your behaviour change if you viewed your career as the biggest risk in building your wealth?
The world moves quickly these days. In particular, the corporate world has become extremely demanding and transitory as companies compete fervently to capture market share. Like it or not, thoughtful and deliberate career planning has become critical in order to thrive in this challenging environment.
Leading the seminar are John Hierlihy and Andrew Dorrington, principals at 21st Avenue Partners (http://www.
21stavenuepartners.com), an innovative talent management and career consulting firm.
· John has over 12 years of experience in career management and executive search. In addition to being a 21st Avenue partner, he is the founder of Athlete Adventures, a firm dedicated to helping professional athletes transition to a new career. John will be speaking on how to identify and communicate your unique value proposition through a well-defined personal brand.
· Andrew is an entrepreneur and strategist with 20 years of international business experience. Raised in Zimbabwe, his past experience includes strategy consulting at McKinsey, investment banking at Deutsche bank and a commercial and banking law practice in London, England. Andrew will be focusing on creating opportunity and how to leverage your business relationships.
Venue: 150 King Street West, 10th Floor, Toronto (seminar room, Swiss Reinsurance Company Ltd.)
There will be time for networking and refreshments will be served.
You may register at:
Brett Berman, on behalf of IMD, and
Christoph Oehy, on behalf of the SCCC.